My Photo
Name:
Location: Houston, Texas, United States

I'm originally from Kentucky and somehow wound up in Texas. I miss trees that live out the seasons and my family. I've been blessed with amazing friends, not weather or scenery, but fabulous people. I love them!

Friday

Nov. 4/5, 2006 Journal

I just realized Leslee's birthday is today. I forgot to send her something. And Brandon's birthday shoudl be here, too. And then Aunt Peggy's. I'm in Kenya.

Susan is sleeping.

Today, we went to the New life Home Trust. The babies were beautiful. I wish I could have kissed every one. And also I wish I knew all their names.

Blessed--the biter and one I got to feed--kept wanting to sleep. I fed her potato/carrot/meat mush.
Clint--the one that loved Dennis--kept saying "Uh-oh" when Chris was throwing a fit in his high chair. He had lots of teeth.
Chris was the tiny bully who would cry after he pushed someone down.
Amber was the sweet baby in pink.
Krissy was the little one we thought was Amber.
Andrew was the chunk that looked like his name should be Bubba.
I got to feed May a bottle and mushed banana.
Lena was a special needs child and liked it when I clapped my hands.
Wyclif had cerebral palsey. He would smile a little.
Joseph..Alicia..so many babies.
Eva the Queen...
Clive the streaker...
God bless their caregivers. God bless those children with homes.

Last thing: Rhinestone Cowboy by Glen Campbell/Chinese Restaurant/Nairobi, Kenya. Somehow these things all fit together.