My Photo
Name:
Location: Houston, Texas, United States

I'm originally from Kentucky and somehow wound up in Texas. I miss trees that live out the seasons and my family. I've been blessed with amazing friends, not weather or scenery, but fabulous people. I love them!

Monday

November 5, 2006




Today was yoga with Charles, breakfast, bible study, and then church. it was really exciting with lots of dancing and clapping under a huge tent. It was African dres day whicyh was pretty interesting to see. A lady in the front had a huge gold foil headdress.




There was no real sermon. It was a dedication to Pastor Oscar and his wife, Bea. It was also the church's anniversary. Then, we ate at a very American restaurant. I had a burrito.


Then we went to the market which was a little bit difficult for me to manuever through. I couldn't tell a good deal form a bad deal. I have not concept of their money. I don't even know what I spent today. I started buying something from a Masai lady and Susan said it was a bad deal and one lady was pulling on my arm, and the other lady was upset. It was crazy.


Tonight, we ate a bunch of different kinds of meat which have made my stomach feel not so great. I talked with Dee which is always a great experience. We all had lots of fun.